Im Going Outward Bound Once Again- Well, Sort of

Im Going Outward Bound Once Again- Well, Sort of

Monday 24 October 2011

The Day Has Come

WELL WORLD 

Here it is, I have finally taken the step to start a blog about living daily with Dissociative Identity Disorder.

This blog will be my thoughts and challenges I have on a daily/weekly  basis while living a very successful life with this condition. I am not going to sensationalize this, Hollywood has done a good enough job of that. This will be a place where the world can hopefully learn the challenges and reality of living with this disorder, while at the same time, I hope they learn not to be afraid of this very often misunderstood condition. I do not plan on writing any of the circumstances that caused me to dissociate as a child, the world had also heard enough of that. I hope in the end this will help educate the public and professionals alike, what its really like and that through hard work and the right therapy one can learn to deal with, learn new coping strategies and live a very fulfilling life.

A little about me..I am captain of my dragon boat team,- for the third time- I play ringette, hockey, and golf and  am working on my memoirs. I  volunteer in various organizations and am a much loved member of my community. I am married and have one son. I have D.I.D.,which will always be part of me  but it is not who I am! Like I tell people about my golf game, some days its good, some days its not..but the quality of my golf game is not indicative to who I am as a person. Like my golf game, having D.I.D. is not indicative to who I am as a person.

be patient with me as this blogging  stuff is all new to me. If I can find my way back to the site you will be hearing from me again.

cheers and be well

Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment